Welcome to the Right-to-Know Network's databases. This site provides free public access to environmental information from several databases managed by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). With the information available on RTK Net, you can identify specific factories and their environmental effects, and assess how people and communities may be affected. Through RTK Net, you can access databases dealing with:
- Toxic pollution (TRI)
- Generation and transport of hazardous wastes (BRS)
- Handlers of hazardous wastes (RCRIS)
- Spills of hazardous materials (ERNS)
- Plans for dealing with emergencies (RMP).
To access the information, please click on the name of the database on the top left-side navigation bar.
RTK NET Publishes Latest TRI Data: 2007 TRI is now available!
We've also changed our look. Please tell us what you think!
RTK NET's TRI search now has:
- New Summary page that provides a snapshot of your search, including new graphs, charts, a breakdown of release/waste types, and Top 5 lists of polluting companies, industries, and the top chemicals being released
- Improved low and medium detail searches that you can sort by releases or waste amounts, facility name, parent company, chemical, industry, and geographic area
- "Core chemical" search that provides meaningful chemical comparisons by isolating chemicals consistently reported to TRI
- Links to Mapquest street maps around facilities (in high-detail searches)
- XML output that provides more downloadable TRI data than delimited files can
- Updated industry codes replacing NAICS codes with SIC codes